- Senior responsibility and project management
- Management of site investigations, reports and junior staff
- Access to senior leadership and a rewarding career
An opportunity is now available for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join a leading Geotechnical Engineering and Environmental Consulting company in the nationwide Australian market. As one of the largest and best-known companies in Australia they continue to build on their project base including stadiums, airports and commercial buildings. As an employee owned and managed business the emphasis is on long standing relationships and a rewarding career.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will lead teams in the delivery of projects. From initial client engagement, organisation of resources, mentoring and directing junior staff, report writing, responding to changes during the project, construction support and site verification. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of project proposals through early client engagement
- Project development and project management including organisation of resources and field staff, ensuring health and safety is a focal point in all activities, responding to potential problems and obstacles, client support and delivering projects in accordance with budget and schedule
- Ensure geotechnical site investigations are undertaken to ascertain general surface and subsurface conditions including site inspections; in-situ testing; supervision of drilling and investigation works; and organising requisite laboratory testing
- Analyse a range of geotechnical problems, e.g. shallow and deep foundations, cut-and-cover tunnel structures, embankments, highway pavements, dams, retaining structures, slope stability, soil improvement, and seismic designs, and prepare for geotechnical reports
- Preparation of high level and detailed geotechnical reports
To be considered for this opportunity you will;
- Be an organised project manager with proven capability in building relationships and a good reputation with clients in the Australian market.
- Have a degree in a relevant engineering field
- Have field based geotechnical engineering experience and be able to translate results into factual and interprative reports
- By nature you will enjoy hands-on field work and passing on knowledge and technical abilities to junior staff.
- Possess strong communication skills both in person (dealing with clients and colleagues) and in your written communication (report writing and proposal development)