An opportunity has been created for a Senior or Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join a leading Geotechnical and Environmental Services business here in Sydney. As a mainstay in the Sydney geotechnical market, they continue to build on their broad client and project base including major land development, education, health and construction support projects. As an employee owned and managed business the emphasis is on employee development and leadership succession, planning supported by an Engineers Australia accredited training program in partnership with a leading university.
As a Senior/Associate Geotechnical Engineer you will lead a team in the delivery of projects from initial client engagement through to report writing, development of engineered solutions, construction support and site verification. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of project proposals through early client engagement
- Early project development and project management including resource allocation, stakeholder management, budget/risk management and client support.
- Supervision and logging of boreholes drilled with rigs and by hand auger
- Supervision and logging of test pits excavated by backhoe and dug by hand
- Supervision of CPT and DMT testing
- Preparation of high level and detailed geotechnical reports and engineered solutions
- Calculation of bearing capacity and settlement for footings and piles on large construction projects
- Proof-loading of ground anchors
- Inspection of footings and bored piles
To be considered for this opportunity to truly advance your geotechnical career you will, by your nature, be motivated by a hands-on, field based role where you will be supported in honing your craft as a Geotechnical Engineer. You will likely be considering the continuation of your education in the field of Geotechnical Engineering for which you will be supported both financially and professionally.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering field
- Demonstrable experience in a field based geotechnical role with the ability to translate results in to meaningful reports
- Enjoy the outdoors and be prepared to spend time in the field
- Strong communication skills both in person (dealing with clients and colleagues) and in your written communication (report writing and proposal development.
For more information, you can call Jorgian Kopoulos in our Sydney office on (02) 9087 6237 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.