- Access to one of the most well regarded geotechnical engineering specialists in Australia
- Variety of projects from large infrastructure metro to commercial buildings and deep foundations
- Employee owned with the ability to buy shares
An opportunity is now available for a Geotechnical Engineer to join a leading Geotechnical Engineering and Environmental Consulting company in the nationwide Australian market. As one of the largest and best-known companies in Australia they continue to build on their project base with infrastructure project wins including tunnels, metro projects, stadiums, airports and commercial buildings. As an employee owned and managed business the emphasis is on long standing relationships and a rewarding career.
As a Geotechnical Engineer you will be crucial to the delivery of projects from investigation, report writing, construction support and site verification.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Project development and project management including organisation of resources and field staff, ensuring health and safety is a focal point in all activities, responding to potential problems and obstacles, client support and delivering projects in accordance with budget and schedule
- Ensure geotechnical site investigations are undertaken to ascertain general surface and subsurface conditions including site inspections; in-situ testing; supervision of drilling and investigation works; and organising requisite laboratory testing
- Analyse a range of geotechnical problems, e.g. shallow and deep foundations, cut-and-cover tunnel structures, embankments, highway pavements, dams, retaining structures, slope stability, soil improvement, and seismic designs, and prepare for geotechnical reports
- Preparation of high level and detailed geotechnical reports
To be considered for this opportunity you will;
- Have a degree in a relevant engineering field
- Have field based geotechnical engineering experience and be able to translate results into factual and interprative reports
- By nature you will enjoy hands-on field work and project management
- Possess strong communication skills both in person (dealing with clients and colleagues) and in your written communication (report writing and proposal development)
Please contact Mathew Daly for more information on 0290876214