- Part of a $10m major plant upgrade
- Industry that is growing 5% year on year
- Long term growth and commitment to training
An opportunity has been created for an Electrical Engineer to join the projects and engineering team of a global FMCG manufacturer. This is a permanent and long-term opportunity with a focus on the development and delivery of capital projects and involvement in major projects and plant upgrades.
As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for leading and managing capital projects (primarily of an electrical nature) from inception to implementation. This will involve completing the initial business justification, completing the capital submission, specifying equipment, managing contract and internal staff to complete installation works and commissioning activities.
Additionally, you will be involved in the site wide asset management planning for all electrical and service systems to ensure that they remain up to date and are in line with global best practice. You will champion the organisation’s sustainability program and ensure that all energy consumption is kept to a minimum through smart systems, and process optimisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- End to end project management from business case development through to handover and operations
- Assist with providing direction to the business as to longer term asset management of site electrical and service systems to ensure they are current and reflect global best practice.
- Provide guidance to ensure safety control systems comply with appropriate regulations.
- Suggest areas of improvement and initiate corrective action
- Monitor and report monthly on usage of electricity, gas, water and other utilities.
- Manage consumption reduction and sustainability projects to ensure they are implemented successfully.
- Liaise with site personnel and teams to ensure consumption reduction and sustainability programs receive appropriate focus.
- Provide assistance to trouble-shoot significant productivity problems that may require plc programming modifications.
This is a newly created opportunity and is, in part, to create a succession plan for the existing senior team and so would suit a junior Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to step up into a project delivery role.
- Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Alternatively, Electrical Trade Certificate with Advanced Certificate or Advanced Diploma with extensive experience in Engineering and Supervision.
- Electrical Engineering Experience (4-6 years)
- Industry / Manufacturing experience
- Allen Bradley PLC programming experience and troubleshooting.
- Experience in a fast paced, continuous production environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems, process and mechanical faults on equipment.
- Ability to motivate, lead and supervise team members or external contractors
- Excellent communication skills, solid PC skills with MS office (Word, Excel)
To be considered for this opportunity you can simply apply online and one of our consultants will be in touch in due course