- Global leader in renewable energy solutions
- Take command of a growing contracts management function
- Excellent salary and benefits package
An opportunity has been created for a Commercial Contracts Manager to join a global leader in solar and energy storage technology and solutions. As the Australian renewable energy market continues to evolve, so too does the need for service excellence and innovation and it is this that is core to the success of this organisation. With a global portfolio of “blue chip” commercial customers and over 30 utility scale solar farms delivered in Australia to date they are making a dramatic impact on the power plant of the future.
The Commercial Contracts Manager will take ownership of the contract management function for the Australian business and help to deliver exceptional customer outcomes whilst minimising commercial risk. Whilst this role will evolve as the business continues to grow, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing a variety of contracts including but not limited to NDA’s, commercial supply agreements, Amendment, Deeds of Novation, and financial agreements related to construction finance.
- Ensure adherence to contract policies, processes, and guidelines necessary to maintain secure contract documentation in contract database.
- Learn and continue to develop the company’s commercial risk profile, understand how to adapt content to mitigate risks and help develop strategies to minimize potential risks to the business.
- Manage the contract lifecycle process, prepare all required documentation, and coordinate business and legal to approve and obtain appropriate signatures. Assist with the continual improvement in the speed, quality, and simplicity of contract formation and management processes, without compromising compliance
- Coordinate with clients regarding industry standards.
- Coordinate with the procurement and legal teams, especially the Global General Counsel and Australian External Counsel.
- Review, Negotiate, draft and amend contract terms, conditions and pricing, and ensure they are accurately executed and satisfied
- Support Project Managers with any contractual issues.
- Report status of current contract processes to management.
- Resolve any existing contract conflicts.
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external parties during contract development and negotiation stages
Above anything else, success in this role and in this organisation will come through your relentless drive to win and commitment to continuous improvement. This is a fast paced environment where collaboration is key so you’ll need the ability to pull together and coordinate input from all facets of the business including operations, legal, sales, asset management and other SMEs whilst negotiating with clients.
- A degree in relevant field (law/commerce/business)
- 5-10 years in the construction, mining or energy field
- Experience with Australian standard construction contracts (e.g. AS4911 and related series)
- Renewable energy experience (especially utility solar) would be highly regarded
- Ability to balance being a strong negotiator with a passionate customer focus
- Ability to work efficiently and juggle multiple competing priorities
For more infoormation you can contact Jorgian Kopoulos on 02 9087 6237 or simply apply online.