- Join a Government Leader with constant focus on improvement of Port and Operation
- At the forefront of new/ cutting edge technology
- Lead and Manage a team of highly skilled trades people
Aerotek have been exclusively engaged to support a large port operator in Queensland. We are looking for an Automation Specialist with a proven track record of working on complex automation and instrumentation projects within a heavy industry environment.
This is a Permanent Full-Time role and relocation will be considered for the right candidate.
This role will form a part of the department’s leadership team and will be responsible for design, development, implementation and maintenance of all automation systems and assets (new and existing).
- Lead and manage all PLC and SCADA automation works
- Manage a team of automation specialist and identify individual areas of growth
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (Operations and IT) to understand current state of assets and areas of improvement
- Undertake fault finding with the control, electrical and instrumentation systems, and identify necessary improvements
- Develop asset lifecycle plans for all PLC and SCADA systems
- Manage projects from design all the way through to installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Manage multiple projects/ maintenance work concurrently and provide required resources
- Work concurrently with the infrastructure team / DevOps Engineers on design, implementation, and commissioning of associated networks.
- Offer insight on the development and delivery of the departments business plan and capital/ operational budgets.
- Contribute to development of the departments business improvement framework and identify/ implement elements within the Electrical & Control Systems section
- Manage overall safety of both the internal and external contractors on site
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment system requirements
To be considered for this leadership role you will be able to demonstrate significant experience in the development, design and delivery of complex PLC/ SCADA systems and automation within a heavy industry. You will be, by nature, a confident leader of people and be a strong communicator with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Trade Qualification (Ideally Electrical or Instrumentation)
- Tertiary Qualifications in either Engineering or Project Management will be highly regarded
- Demonstrate an Ownership Mentality
- A proven track record in having to communicate with multiple stakeholders, often with competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience with leading and managing a team
- Demonstrated experience with managing the whole lifecycle of complex automation projects including, design, installation and asset management
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and achieve the desired outcome for all parties
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Liam Aldred at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, apply now!