- Sydney based infrastructure projects
- Employee owned business with future share options
- Financial support for continued professional development
Following several major project wins including transportation infrastructure and large scale land developments, an exciting opportunity has been created for a Geotechnical Engineer to join a well-established but growing Geotechnical and Environmental services business based here in Sydney.
The Geotechnical Engineer’s goal is to manage the works on site as well as the soil sampling, landslide analysis and contributing to the engineered solutions back in the office.
- Supervision and logging of boreholes drilled with rigs and by hand auger, logging of test pits
- Supervision of CPT and DMT testing.
- Preparation of basic geotechnical reports.
- Environmental sampling.
- Installation and monitoring of Casagrande standpipes and VW piezometers.
- Use of differential GPS and ‘dumpy’ level for survey.
- Packer (water pressure) testing.
- Vein shear testing.
- Inclinometer survey.
- Plate bearing tests.
- Proof-loading of ground anchors.
- Inspection of footings and bored piles.
- Proof-rolling inspections.
- Vibration monitoring.
- Basic proposal preparation.
- Calculation of bearing capacity and settlement for footings and piles.
- Rock classification.
- In situ permeability testing.
This is a great opportunitiy for a energetic and enthusitactic Geotechnical Engineer who enjoys being out in the field. As an employee owned company, there is a focus on leadership development and fostering a culture of success and accountability.
- Tertiary Education in Geotechnical, Environmental or Civil Engineering.
- A passion for infrastructure and building construction and a desire to work in the field and on site.
- Demonstrated capability of Geotechnical Engineering work – particularly on Infrastructure projects.
For more information, you can call Jorgian Kopoulos in our Sydney office on (02) 9087 6237 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.