An opportunity has been created for a Electrical Engineer to join a global EPC within the solar industry in the delivery of complex low carbon energy projects. Based in Brisbane, you will be working alongside a variety of departments throughout the project lifecycle including the design, delivery and management of solar energy storage projects all across Australia.
As an Electrical Engineer, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Cable sizing and optimisation calculations according to installation conditions - issuing of DC/ LV and HV cable schedules for procurement and/or installation requirements
- Connection agreement documentation: modelling reports, applications, understanding R1, R2, GPS, NTC, NER requirements
- Electrical systems, design, documentation and review in accordance with relevant ISO/ IEC/ IEEE and AS standards
- Liaison with electrical equipment manufacturers, technical advisors and consultants
- Organisation and maintenance of CAD files, ensuring drawings are up to date and superseded where necessary
- Issuing of As-Built drawings in conjunction with the relevant parties with the company and/or external agencies
- Continual process and procedure review and improvement within the design department
This role would be well suited to someone who is outcome orientated and able to evolve and work within a collaborative workplace environment.
- Minimum three years professional solar PV system design experience at commercial or utility scale
- Proficient in electrical systems design, including electrical power circuits, SCADA, communications systems and other equipment
- Familiarity with cable sizing and/or protection, discrimination and optimisation
- Experience user of: AutoCAD and PYsyst
Please apply online or contact Jorgian Kopoulos on 02 9087 6237 for more information